Friday, June 4, 2010

What I'm Listening To Now




The more I hear off the new Fruit Bats album, Ruminant Band, the more I like it. Christian, Rich and I took a trip down the back roads from Vermont to the Montague Book Mill in western Massachusetts and "Being On Your Own" came up. It's such a good album for tooling along backroads. I also bet any gardeners reading this would like to have this music in their ears when they garden. If you like the Beatles I think you'll like the Fruit Bats.




I love Hem. There is just something about this band that I always come back to, always love. I love their cover of Elvis Costello's "(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes." I've also been dialing up "Pacific Street" from the Eveningland album. Oh my god. Just do yourself a favor and buy their music. It's like clouds of rainbows going straight to your brain.



The Sadies album Stories Often Told has this beautiful song "Within A Stone of Our Land." I love the country guitar and the rise and swell of it.



1 comment:

Trueb said...

I love it when you post what you're listening to or what you are reading. I saw The Last Train and wondering if you had it or would like it.

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence