Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Oh Dear


Israel, as we all know, fired on a Turkish-backed vessel that went through Israel's naval blockade to deliver supplies to Gaza residents. Eleven were killed. Whatever Israel said -- that it's soldiers were fired upon or the ship broke a blockade -- it's going to be saying again.

I didn't realize it, but there is an Irish ship, the Rachel Corrie, that was part of the original flotilla but had some logistical problems. Now the Rachel Corrie is headed for Gaza, come hell or high water and the Irish government has said there will be serious consequences if any Irish citizens are hurt.

I hope they make it through okay. Actually, I hope lots of countries start sending relief aid to Gaza. But I hope the Irish ship makes it through without casualties.

No comments:

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence