Saturday, June 19, 2010

More on Oil Spill


So as I have admitted, the initial news of the rig explosion and subsequent oil gusher did not really register with me. And I am ashamed of that. But as its gone on and on I keep getting more tuned into the tragedy of it.

With that in mind, I have to say that I was completely outraged by Rep. Joe Barton's (R-Texas) apology to BP CEO for the "White House shakedown" for the fund to help local people that are losing their livelihood because of the spill. Eventually he apologized for the apology, but how idiotic is Barton? (Answer: Very.)

And I love Biden's response. For once, his mouth does some good.

Personally, I think it shows that Republicans care more about business interests than they do about people. I don't understand why more Americans can't make that connection.

No comments:

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence