Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend Recap


I'm really hoping to get a picture of Tim because I hear that he ran his time trial and made a seven-minute mile. (Yes, 7:20 counts as a seven minute miles because it wasn't on a track, there were hills, it was probably slightly more than a mile and also it's wayyy less than eight minutes, which would clearly disqualify for the seven minute mile.) Tim, in your honor, I post this picture. If I had a trophy I would give it to you.

Also, Indiana Jones Friday was a resounding success. I think we all learned that Tim (and also my dad) would prefer it if we didn't speak during showings. However, I think we also all learned that films that have a colonized, Orientalized other for an enemy, a Chinese kid sidekick ("oh Indy, you so funny!"), and a horribly one-dimensional female counterpart ("I could have been the best adventure of your life!") should be made fun of mercilessly. At least the Nazis will be back for the last installment. And dinner was DELISH! Thank you Kendra, Tim, Lindsey, Erica and Christian for pitching in.

Finally, I got a huge load of stuff moved over to my parents house on Saturday. All my clothes, books and paintings--three carloads in all. It's definitely made me feel a bit more settled and less homeless, so that is a good thing.

Here's to Erica and Casey as they conquer their prelims this week. Friday night is on like Megatron!!! LOVE YOU TWO--you're going to be just fine. (and if not fine, then at least finished, and that is enough.)

No comments:

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence