Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Band Was Awesome, Shame About the Crowd


I think this picture says alot about the crowd--dudes in baseball caps with plastic cups of Busch Light taking pictures while the Roots were laying down some fresh beats on stage. Standing there was like being in a high school hall in between class changes: tons of people rushing around and no one standing still. In fact at one point a girl leaned up against my back. I thought she was really wasted and needed a gravity break. But then I heard her yell to her friends that she was getting a picture with a "random" to celebrate the night. That random was me! wrong! and weird. wtf?

even though The Roots were great and there were a hundred students really into it, most of the crowd was just waiting for the main act--Third Eye Blind. That's right. The Roots were opening for Third Eye Blind. That is beyond whack in my opinion.

1 comment:

Layla @ The Midnight Garden said...

I guess my question here is, why did I hear someone doing a rendition of Journey's Separate Ways as I sat outside Bostock?

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence