Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Primary Wrap-Up

Politico has an article on Obama taking a decisive step towards being the presumptive nominee. It appears that the landslide here in NC gives him quite an edge in popular vote and pledged delegates. Clinton's Indiana win wasn't strong enough to back up her argument that the superdelegates should override the popular vote and deliver the nomination to her.

I have to say again, that I find it extremely racist that the media are focusing on white voters, as though black voters don't count. I was pretty happy when Donna Brazil snapped at Paul Begala on CNN last night for exactly the same reason.

The Washington Post has a nice article about how Obama changed his narrative with the help of his wife Michelle (I am a fan).

Finally, in a follow-the-money story, it looks like Hillary is running out of cash which might severely hamper her campaign in the remaining states like West Virginia.

Final Line: It looks like Obama is the presumptive nominee of the Democratic Party for the 2008 Presidential Election.

Please feel free to post differing opinions here, I appreciate diversity of opinion.

1 comment:

Heather and John said...

Did you see Obama pounding a brew at the Raleigh Times Bar in Raleigh?

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence