Monday, May 5, 2008

It's Time for a Tattoo


Ok, for ages Ive wanted to get a full back piece done, but my ex-husband Gavin always said no fucking way. I wanted a beautiful traditional Japanese piece--waves (in honor of Sarah), koi, cherry blossoms and lotus flowers and a dragonfly. I also want an octopus to mark my long-standing obsession with that certain cephalopod. I wanted Rodney Raines to do it, but he is booked solid for the next three years. I decided to work with Margaret Moose instead. One, because she works with Rodney and he highly recommends her, and two, she is a tattoo lady which I find very appealing. She was so down to earth and awesome. Kendra very kindly went with me to get the first session of linework done. Im going to have about 5-8 more trips to get the color done. But come with me, won't you, on a photo essay of the first session?

No comments:

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence