Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Do You Know About Kasper Hauser?


They are a four-man comedy group and they are hilarious. I can't even tell if the photo above is really them or not. But they have been called the American Monty Python because the stuff they do is nonsensical and hilarious (as opposed to nonsensical and boring like lots of comedy out there). You can find them at kasperhauser.com. I especially recommend listening to the "This American Life" parodies. They get the format and Ira Glass's voice JUST RIGHT. Its so funny it kills me. They do a show on people who suffer from phantom high schools: "The diploma crumbled into dust, and the whole school was made from spider-web crystals and dissolved and the school turned into a tomato patch." Please go listen to it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm trying to guess who does Ira and who does the French waiter. I have no clue. Do you?

hannah true said...

no idea. I think this photo might be photoshopped because the one guy has a blackout tooth and who has a nose that big? (no offense, big-nosed friends.) If you go to the video you can get a slightly better idea of how they talk, but I think I might have to see them live to really find out.

Unknown said...

Okay I get it now. I remember thinking that guys nose was freakishly big. Now I'm noticing that other guys ears too and feeling a little silly that this seemed normal before.

hannah true said...

and the blonde guy is not that handsome. yes, once you start looking, you realize it has to be photoshopped.

kendra said...

have you seen the enigma of kaspar hauser? the herzog film? rent it ASAP.

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence