Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hopping the Pond

Hooray! Im so excited.

I'm going to London next week--leaving Thursday night and arriving Friday May 23rd. Heather and I are going to Berlin Tues the 27th through Thu the 29th. And we're going to see Midsummer's Night Dream at the Globe on Friday.

We'll probably hit up a few old haunts (316 Commercial Road ring a bell? Remember how when something was sub-par we'd refer to it as being "so 316"?) Heather lives in Putney with her fella, John, and that is pretty close to one of my favorite places to tie one on--riverside in Hammersmith. And by "close" I mean "in the same city." And you can believe I will be buying magnets. Oh yes. There will be magnets.

Then Im going down to Dorset to kick it with Great-Uncle Dave and his old lady Sarah. I want to be like him when I get old. He's so cool. But he's also reaching elder statesman status in the family, so I need to go talk to him about a couple things and receive his wisdom.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If anyone ever deserved a trip it's you.

Be good to yourself and be safe.

My Spidey sense is transatlantic.

Heather and John said...

Girl

I now live in the tragically hip area known as Battersea, famed for the Power Station! Which was on the cover of 1976's Pink Floyd album, Animals!

http://www.batterseapowerstation.org.uk/floyd/floyd.html

Heather and John said...

Whoops my html tag didn't work.
If you google Battersea Power Station and Pink Floyd you will find out the juicy goodness!

Anonymous said...

Ah! So jealous! I fit nicely into suitcases...just saying :)

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence