Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Shaved Kitties? Yay or Nay?



Let me be clear. (By all means, I really want to be clear.) This is not either of my cats. But upon seeing this picture in my evening's internet travels, I really had to stop and think.

Maybe I should shave my cats.

Something in me is saying this is a bad idea, but something else in me says that this is genius. I can't tell which side is winning yet. I mean, I live in Vermont, we get heat wavelets, but nothing like back in NC. On the other hand, we have no AC, which is in every house down southway. So an eighty-degree day here feels like eighty, where in NC it feels like whatever you set the AC to.

So maybe shaving them is good: their shedding wouldn't be so bad, they'd deal with the hot days a bit better. But then also, they would look ridiculous, and maybe their fur growing back would make them itchy.

But let me be clear: the main reason for doing it would be for giggles. The other stuff is just icing on the cake.

Thoughts? Yay? Nay? Has anyone shaved their cat before?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

do not shave the cats, they will not be nearly as fun to pet.

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence