Saturday, March 6, 2010

A New Month!

It's March and I wanted to share with you all a Golden Moment of the year: the birds came back today. It's the first time I've heard birdsong in months.

So I had this dream that I demanded -- DEMANDED -- exploratory open-heart surgery. What is with me? Do I have a surgery thing? I don't think so. In my dream, even the doctors were sensible. They all said that it was too dangerous and there was nothing wrong with me to necessitate such radical measures. It's sort of funny that I make my dreams into me having unreasonable demands and then totally sensible people responding to them. But I don't have a doctor fetish. On the contrary, I think doctors are for the most part flying by the seat of their pants and that medicine -- surgery specifically -- is more of an art than a science. So I actually distrust and somewhat fear doctors because I think they concentrate on what they think is important, which is what might not be important at all. So maybe it was about me trying to take control and tell the doctors that there was something wrong and they weren't listening. I don't know.

The subconscious is a strange place.

But the birds are nice. I like them.

No comments:

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence