Saturday, January 30, 2010

Oh Man

So Pops and Christian and I spent the last two days skiing (well, snowboarding for me). We were out during that magical whiteout that got everyone off the mountain except us, and we got almost 2 inches of pow-pow in 20 minutes. We closed down the mountain it was so awesome.

But the the temps dropped and the wind picked up. Yesterday was a different story: the runs were still fun, but there were parts that were groomed ice and I admit it was hard for me. I had a bad fall where I accidentally body-checked a chairlift tower. My dad heard it and described it as "kinda a bad-sounding sort of crunch." Im okay and all, but my right side: shoulder, flank, and some thoracic areas really hurt today.

So it's time for a break from winter sports, don't you think? I think so.

1 comment:

Trueb said...

But it sounds like it was awesome!

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence