Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cross-Country Skiing Can Whip You, Yo!


So mah Pops and I went cross-country skiing yesterday for two hours. It confirmed all my fears about skiing: my right foot is stronger than my left, so my left ski doesn't follow as quickly or dig as deep (snowplowing). I learned a manuever called the Butt Stop and took many falls. When I say "many" I mean "too many to count."

But listen: the sport is also amazing -- you go around beautiful snowy woods and the workout of your life. So far I have a vague understanding that my arms/shoulders (from getting up all the time) and thighs are stiff. The soreness will set in later. But later, me, Pops, and Christian are going to Bromley for more skiing, and that should ease out the soreness, right? I think so. Probably.

No comments:

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence