Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gender Equality in Japan

A website I sometimes check, Shibuya246 posted what the top "husband" and "wife" Google searches were for Japan. It looks like, perhaps, the ladies are venting a bit and the fellas are clueless.

Searching under “husband”

  • husband, I want him to die
  • husband, I hate him
  • husband, allowance, average
  • husband, verbal violence
  • husband, allowance
  • husband, how to call (his name)
  • husband, dead, procedures
  • husband, depression
  • husband, out of work
  • husband, dead, pension

Searching under “wife”

  • wife, birthday present
  • wife, birthday present ranking
  • wife, present
  • wife, hysteria
  • wife, how to call (her name)
  • wife, depression
  • wife, present ranking
  • wife, documents not received
  • wife, shochu (sake)

I love that both searches -- the womens' super-dark ones and the mens' clueless ones both include "how to call their name." Like, whaaa? You need to do a search on how to call your lady and she is doing a search on how to call you, kill you and collect your pension after you're dead?

No comments:

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence