Thursday, July 16, 2009

Habitat for Hunanity, Bennington Edition

Good news!
It looks like Im going to be involved in the Bennington Area Habitat for Humanity. They call it Bennington "area" because they have a pretty wide area in which they work. They're currently only doing about one house a year, but they have the skill set, materials and volunteers to do more--it's just about creating the infrastructure.

I don't know exactly what form my help will take--building or PR or fundraising, but it was FUN!
Here is a link:
http://tinyurl.com/lwgeyl

I learned that Hazel has an 81 year old brother with a glass eye who flies his plane around. She's worried he might crash it. Paul has a crazy sense of humor. And I met Zach too. He needs to find a way to get down to Massachusetts and Connecticut to visit some friends he met on a cruise. I'd lend him a car, but he doesn't have his permit yet.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know these peeps better. God, I love eccentricity.

No comments:

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence