Thursday, July 30, 2009

Don-Lee Memories


I am in this photo. 1997 was a cracker summer for me. I got to be support staff to the Leaders In Training (also pictured here). This is where the magic of facebook comes in. Lately, we've almost all connected up and are talking. It's really pretty great. This was also the summer I was head lifeguard and trained all these people to be lifeguards. I also got to lie to many many little children. When a water moccasin got in the water I'd call a buddy check, get the kids out of the pool (ha, you don't often hear it that way, do you?), obtain possession of the snake and then assassinate it. Usually by chopping off it's head and then disposing of the remains. Then everyone back in the pool!!!! Swim time is fun time!

This part of the job gets even funnier when I admit that now I am a jumpy, screamy, tightly wound woman.

True story, after watching "28 Weeks Later" I was bragging to Christian and my mom that the movie didn't scare me all that much. Then I noticed Christian's brother Josiah was standing behind me, somewhat zombie-like, and I screamed the sounds of a woman about to be killed.

I then apologized to Josiah. It's not nice to scream at people.

But anyway, I have many good memories of Don-Lee. A big kiss--mwah!--to everyone here. I hope I see you soon.

No comments:

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence