Sunday, May 29, 2011

Thirty-Seven Weeks

I was feeling really great up until the past few days.

Suddenly the pain in my pelvis just got too strong I couldn't walk or sit or even lie down (let alone get up or change sides) without things hurting. I called my personal midwife (ok, ok, my auntie) and she said that sometimes in late pregnancy your pelvis does fall apart. It's the separation of the pubis symphysis and it exists biologically to help make baby's pathway to the outside world a little easier. It might sound like a good idea to have looser ligaments, but the fact of the matter is that it really feels like there isn't anything holding me together and that is not such a good feeling when there is extra poundage on my frontside.

Fatigue is also raising its head again. I was so tired two nights ago that I fell asleep on the kitchen countertop while Christian was cooking dinner. I'm trying to nap whenever I get a chance but its really haphazard lately--my body just will not stick to any kind of schedule.

But the good news is that the pool is open and the water is one place I feel weightless and wonderful. Floating and kicking around is fantastic. I just have to remember not to do breaststroke because my hips hurt once I get out.

No comments:

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence