Saturday, August 7, 2010

Well, I Never . . .



I thought we lived in the middle of nowhere. I mean, this photo is civilization for us: look, a wall! But we finally got back from Rangeley, Maine. And that is the middle of the middle of nowhere. And that was just one little spot! Maine is huge! You can get miles from the middle of nowhere into the outer space of nowhere!

No wifi, no cell phone coverage (I don't have one, but our friends do and they had very spotty coverage). It's not like the this part of Maine went off the grid: it was never on the grid. And even though I don't have a cell phone and fast forward through all the commercials on TiVo, it felt really good to be totally out of reach. Oh, and the night sky was amazing.

But I'm back to my Vermont home and more is soon to come.

No comments:

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence