Monday, December 7, 2009

LET THE DECADE ROUND-UPS BEGIN!

If anyone finds some good ones, post them in the comment section. Personally, C and I are breaking up the years in the decade into three days each and listen to songs from that year only. Right now we are in 2002. For me, 2002 was a lost year, musically. I was in Japan and just did not get any jopp or pazz or whatever. I was inundated by Glay.

Favorite songs from each year? Anyone?
I feel old because I need someone to explain Lady Gaga to me.

In other news:
Friends came to get a Christmas tree yesterday--Super Fun! -- and my mom comes tonight so I'll upload pictures soon.

2 comments:

Mrs. Delicious said...

Did we not have a conversation about Lady Gaga when we were there? I wish we had. Andy and I are baffled. Her stylist might be Matthew Barney, but that doesn't disguise the fact that if you hear her on the radio she may as well be ShaBritnAguilPerry.

t-ruth said...

Here are some good things created in the 00's:

Nora Jones' first two albums (I know; that's how old I am)

almost everything Kelly Joe Phelps did up until the most recent album

Harry Manx, "Road Ragas"

Ollabelle's first album

Most of what the Be Good Tanyas have done

Some of what Crooked Still has done

the Eric Bibb on my fb wall

I don't know the years though. Also, none of it particularly famous except for Norah. All folky. Dunno why.

rg

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence