Friday, March 28, 2008

My List

OK, this is something Ive been working on for awhile. Its my list of flaws. Feel free to comment away or counteract with a list of perfections.


1. I have no lobes on my ears. They are lobe-less freaks of nature. Note that my lobes cannot be detected in the picture above.
2. I really honestly feel my toes are too short and stubby for the rest of my feet.
3. I have to play the LA Times Sudoku every morning before I feel like the day can begin. This is not optional for me.
4. I'm a really good sport about losing until I lose three in a row. then I start getting flushed.

5. I don't think of myself as a picky eater, and yet here is a partial list of foods I don't like/won't eat: mushrooms (raw or cooked), onions, too much garlic, pork, most shellfish, hard deep-fried foods, greasy foods or anything with mayonnaise and banana pudding. Because of this, I almost always have a little pile of unacceptable bits on the side of my plate at every meal. Even if I just don't like the look of something, it goes in the pile.

6. I can't stand ice in my water, but I prefer apples to be chilled
7. I cannot for the life of me alphabetize without singing the ABC song. Also: (7a) can't sing well.
8. I plan on sleeping with my blankie until I die. Im 31 now, and I think I can keep going for awhile.
9. I enjoy the awkward exchange. In other words, I like watching people squirm a bit.
9a Despite that, I wear my heart on my sleeve and am half in love with the world all the time.

10. (I really just put this in so I'd have ten things on the list. It's not really a flaw) The thing that makes me cringe most in the world: I cannot stand listening to people pee. It's just so effin' gross. I really wish that all bathrooms would have a waterfall noisemaker in them.

2 comments:

negativecapability said...

You are lovely, despite your lack of lobes.

And if that's not enough, here is a list of things I will not eat:

1) Soup. Of any kind. I don't care how you make it, or how much "it's not like soup." I don't like it.

2) Tequilia. I don't care how special the occasion is. I won't take a shot with you. Do you want to see me vomit?

3) Beans. Refried. Ew. Keep in mind, I grew up in New Mexico, where this was a problem.

double a ron said...

I don't like ice in my water either, it gets in the way of drinking.

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence