Friday, March 21, 2008

I Have a Car!!


I got a car last week and I LOVE it. Its a Scion xA. Its my first car for five years, when I had a Nissan Bluebird that I drove across Hokkaido. omg, I love it. I havent named it yet, but I feel like it should have a name. Suggestions? Thoughts? I know some people are anti-car-naming, but I think naming anything you spend so much time with seems appropriate. On the other hand, I just realized that I havent named my computer and I spend plenty of time on here, so whatevs.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My car is named Wanda. She's a Honda. See, Dash names everything Wanda, so when he suggested it for my darling CR-V, I had to take it, esp. since there's a Mardi Gras song titled, "Handa Wanda." So in short, name away, dear Hannah.

kendra said...

i used to drive a pickup called paxton. now i drive a corolla called "another goddamn dent?!"

Matt Irvin said...

All my cars had "the" names. "The Cobra." "The Sport." "The GPS (Giant Piece of Shit)."

hannah true said...

Kendra, that seems like an awfully long name for a car. I like the idea of a "The" name. Maybe if I call it The Gray Ghost it will go faster and I'll get some superhero powers?

Maybe also my favorite Japanese name, Mayumi? It doesnt rhyme, but I still like it. Im now thinking of naming my computer Bruce. Just because we're in a tight relationship but Im always slightly uncomfortable around him.

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence