Friday, February 4, 2011

What I'm Listening To Now - Mediascape/ February Bed Rest Edition

So here is the thing: my hormones are completely unleashed. I laugh until my sides hurt and I cry at absolutely nothing. In fact, I had to make a new iPod designation, two stars, to say 1) I know this is good and I like it and 2) it's much too sad to listen to right now.

Obviously, you can see the importance of listening to upbeat songs. So my favorites from this month's playlist:

My Sharona -- The Knacks

Crossing The Valley --Huong Thanh (I don't know why I adore this Vietnamese song, it just gets under my skin in the most pleasant way. I'm trying to learn the words)

Jealous Guy -- John Lennon (a two-star, but I still love it)

California Love -- 2 Pac (ft Dr Dre)

She Caught The Katy (And Left Me A Mule To Ride)-- Taj Mahal

Electric Feel -- MGMT


I think everyone should listen to Marc Maron's interview with Gallagher (yes, that Gallagher) on his wonderful podcast WTF. There is so much crazy packed into this interview I don't want to spoil any of it for you. Just listen to it.

(from WTF)

Judge John Hodgman's podcast is picking up steam, and I always enjoy the way he judges situations.

I keep hoping that one of my very favorite comedians, Paul F. Tompkins, will overcome the recent slugginess of his podcast, The Pod F. Tompkast, to recover its original glory. His impressions of Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber and Ice-T should be in play a bit more.


I'm taking the Bed Rest situation to finally get a hold on Infinite Jest, so that's what I'm reading. I find if I do a couple of books at the same time one will take over. And I don't want to do that to Infinite Jest. But I'm also reading Taming Democracy by Terry Bouton for a project.

And that is that. I'll probably have a totally different mediascape next week.

No comments:

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence