Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What I'm Listening To Now


So the love of my life makes me these beautiful mixes every month -- and every mix is better than the last. It's sort of a way to bring different music in my ears, since I tend to stick with a couple of albums for a month or two.

First, I am in love with The Little Death. "Won't Ever Let You Down Again" is amazing. Her vocals will kick your ass up and down the street with some redemption at the end. Oh, it is good.

Another killer stop-you-dead-in-your-tracks is Donnie and Joe Emerson's "Baby." I know, the cover is cheesy and weird, but do yourself and listen to the song in a darkened room with someone you want to kiss and your world will get ROCKED.

I don't know why I am so late to My Morning Jacket. It seems like everyone has known about this band, talked about them, loved them, and then moved on. But for some reason the phenomenon totally passed me by, so I'm getting to know them for the first time. I really like "Come Closer" and "Phone Went West," but choose your own favorites.

That is all for now.

No comments:

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence