Thursday, September 23, 2010

And Just Like That . . . She's Gone

Hannah True Jocius is no more, Hannah True lives on.

Without going into it, let me just say it is a huge burden on women to change their names, identities, personae -- from single women into someone's wife. If any of my friends ask (I do not push this on anyone), I would say keep your name. Why give up everything that you've dreamed of, worked for, everything you've been to take another name? I feel incredibly lucky to love a husband who wants me to have my own name and my own achievements.

I've been told that my previous in-law family wants to erase me from their history -- fair enough, even though you can't change history. Whatever the truth is, it's nice to not have to carry that name around with me anymore.

1 comment:

Heather and John said...

Wow sounds exciting. I didn't want to change my name for the reasons you said, just also because I am me! Anyway as far as your in laws erasing you, that is a bit weird, but whatever, you are a hard person to erase. Girl I couldn't get rid of you if I tried! They probably are secretly stalking you. So don't worry.

I am the unreliable witness to my own existence